9.14.2013

Kindergarten

And it happened.....my first born started school. It's hard to grasp how fast these 5 years I had at home with him went. He was so excited for the first day, I was so excited for him. On the way to school I was praying for his day out loud, my voice started getting shaky and my eyes a little watery. I told him that I'm going to miss him, he replied "but I'm going to come back mommy".  :) I walked him into his class and made it back out into the hallway where I let the tears come a little more freely. My heart and head were racing....did I prepare him well enough for school, I'm leaving him here with complete strangers that most likely have different morals then I do for 7 long hours, did I teach Hayden to stand for what he knows is right, etc. I found myself saying little prayers for him through out the day and couldn't wait until 4pm when I could here all about his day. Now a couple of weeks later he's still loving school and I'm adjusted to it just being Ezekiel and I at home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Denise, wait until he gets married then you will be asking the same questions..did we teach him all he needs to know to be a leader in his home? you have years of training before that happens :) Blessings Hayden on your first year of school. love you!

G-ma W.