4.17.2011

Train Cake

So Hayden's birthday was over a month ago...and I'm just now getting around to posting about it. Oh well, such is life! I enjoy making a cake each year for Hayden's birthday, Ryan likes to help me so it's a fun project to do after Hayden goes to bed. This year I was so thankful for Ryan's help or I would have been up to 1 or 2am, thanks honey! I always forget that, no matter how easy the cake is to make, it's always time consuming. I started out with a chocolate cake made from scratch in 2 bread pans and went from there. Here's the project in different stages:

4 comments:

doreen said...

Wow, I would have not had the patience. It looks great!!!

army wife said...

That's an awesome cake and great that you and Ryan work on it together.

army wife said...

And I love the picture of Hayden and your Dad playing trains, absolutely precious!

Mom Martin said...

The cake tasted as great as it looked. I was really impressed with the cake. An act of love for your little boy from both of you.