11.17.2008

Rough couple of weeks

The past 2 weeks have been hard on me as a mom. It seems that my happy baby who was content to keep on playing if I left the room or walked away from is no longer. I think there are several reasons and I hope this is just a season and passes on soon. Hayden is so close to crawling and will go from a sitting up position to all 4 but then he usually ends up on his belly and he just lays there and cries until we rescue him. He gets himself so worked up that he doesn't remember he can roll over and take care of the problem himself. So the scenario is usually this...play with toys until one gets out of reach, go down on all fours, get the toy, land flat out on belly, cry until we pick him up...repeat a hundred times a day! He also has a cold and is teething, I can feel a sharp edge on his bottom gum and he has been drooling a ton. The other day he pulled himself up for the first time and he thinks he is sooo big when he stands holding onto whatever he managed to pull himself up on. I think that when this tooth breaks through and he fully masters the crawling he will be so much more content, at least that's my prayer! These are pics from the past few days...he always seems to smile when I get the camera out.

He loves to play with these spoons

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what I say. "Just keep that camera going" Mom Martin

Anonymous said...

i think we have a future chef in our midst